My friend Jennifer over on Facebook posted one of those internet questionnaires "25 Things About Me" over on Facebook (yes, I'm embarrassed to admit I do have a profile over there.) I thought I'd add a little twist and make it sports-themed. Here goes...
1. I am as unathletic as they come, but I enjoy watching many different athletic competitions.
2. Nascar is not one of them.
3. I consider the Westminster Dog Show a premiere sports event right up there with the Super Bowl (well, it is a competition) and watch it religiously every year.
4. The night the Red Sox won the World Series in '04, I was up until nearly two am, watching highlights and interviews. I then had to get up at five and be to work by seven. It was absolutely worth it.
5. I don't own any Red Sox DVDs. This is not a Red Sox snub. I actually don't own any DVDs.
6. I consider Bernie Carbo my first boyfriend.
7. After years of "mouthing" off to trolls and right wing freakazoids, I finally got banned for good from the official Red Sox Fan Forum a few months ago.
8. I like Dan Shaughnessy, and yes, I know he's a muckraking snark. Same for Mike Lupica.
9. I never really warmed up to Roger Clemens, although I did like the winning. So it wasn't difficult for me to despise him after he left.
10. I think Nomar did steroids. I'm suspicious of Jason Varitek.
11. I really, really wanted the Red Sox to get ARod in '04.
12. As grateful as I am to the NOG for turning the franchise from losers to winners, I hate the neverending marketing campaign.
13. I think Ty Law and the Patriots have missed each other very, very much.
14. I cried when Dennis Johnson died.
15. My brother's wedding was during the '03 MLB playoffs. At the reception he and I and some of his groomsmen watched the game while everyone else danced. The Sox lost, 4-3.
16. With my dying breath, I will defend Bill Belichick.
17. I think fans booing players-even on their own team-goes with the territory.
18. I love Chris Russo. Anybody who hates the Yankees that much can't be all bad.
19. I do plan to read Tom Verducci's book, the one in which Joe Torre trashes everybody in New York.
20. I think Hal Steinbrenner is very attractive.
21. I have a copy of the NY Daily News from October 21, 2004 ("The Choke's On Us") framed in my living room.
22. I find the fan reaction to Scott Boras amusing.
23. I think it's a sad commentary on the state of the game that baseball's best pitcher, it's all time hits leader and it's home run king will probably never make the Hall of Fame.
24. I think Brady and Belichick have one more Super Bowl in them.
25. I refuse to watch any NFL pre-or-post game activities on Fox since they hired Michael Strahan.